Vacancy No. IPE 09-18
IPE 09-18 Bachelor and Master Theses in Physics/Electrical Engineering: Development of a 60 Mpixel CCD scientific camera for computer vision in FPGA
One of our main areas of research is the development of scientific camera with real-
time data processing e.g. for Embedded Vision. Embedded Vision is one of the most
exciting fields in technology today. Embedded Vision is a key and pervasive
megatrend that will shape the future of science, the electronics industry and scociety.
Providing machines with the ability to see, sense, and immediately respond to their
environment creates unique opportunities. Modern FPGAs are combining
programmable logic with the power of ARM processors and build a heterogeneous
platform. This platform has gained some interest in the embedded image processing
community. For example, Xilinx has introduced a new library for computer vision,
xfOpenCV , accelerating most critical OpenCV functions. xfOpenCV will enable an
easily compose and accelerate computer vision functions in the FPGA fabric through
SDx or HLx environments.
- Introduction to the IPE camera platform
- Setup of Linux environment on the embedded ARM processor
- Implementing FPGA firmware to control the high-resolution 60 Mpixel CCD
- Develop machine vision method for image data processing with ARM and FPGA by emerging xfOpenCV
- Knowledge in C and Verilog/VHDL (basic)
- Design of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) is a plus
- Experience with CCD sensor (optional)
Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
According to the study regulations
Dr. Ing. Michele Caselle, Institute IPE
Telefon: 0721/608-25903 (email@example.com)
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number IPE 09-18.
Personnel support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25184,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
If qualified, handicapped applicants (m/f/d) will be preferred.