Vacancy No. IPE 10-18
IPE 10-18 Bachelor and Master Theses in Physics/Electrical Engineering: Development of a high-speed CMOS camera for scientific applications
IPE has developed a modular scientific streaming camera platform. In this thesis the number of available image sensor boards should be extended by a new high-speed image sensor module. The high-end CMOS sensors can record 300 frames per second with a full resolution of 12 Megapixel. Due to the large amount of data being recorded with this sensor the existing acquisition system based on an FPGA need to be extended. Data should be to transfer directly to Graphics Processor Units (GPU) bypassing the local CPU memory. The GPU finally will be used to perform application specific fast real-time data processing.
- Study image sensor interfaces and design the image sensor board.
- Implement the FPGA firmware to control the CMOS sensor.
- Extend the FPGA readout infrastructure by machine vision methods for image data analysis. Utilize the on-board ARM processor and the FPGA with the xfOpenCV toolkit.
- Knowledge in C and Verilog/VHDL (basic)
- Design of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) is a plus
- Optional: Experience with CMOS sensor
Institute for Data Processing and Electronics (IPE)
According to the study regulations
Dr. Ing. Michele Caselle, Institute IPE
Telefon: 0721/608-25903 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number IPE 10-18.
Personnel support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25184,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
If qualified, handicapped applicants will be preferred.