Vacancy No. INR 01-18
INR 01-18 Bachelor- or Masterthesis: Extension of dynamic model of heat transfer and storage system for a fusion power plant
The work supposes further extension of already developed dynamic model of intermediate heat transfer and storage system (IHTS) for a DEMOnstrator fusion power plant. The dynamic simulating program MATLAB/SIMULINK should be used for modelling. The aim is the enhancement of intermediate heat transfer and improvement of storage system’s safety and stability. The preliminary design of dynamic model of IHTS should be further extended with the first components of power conversion system like steam generator and steam re-heater and optimized via MATLAB/SIMULINK.
- Validation of developed IHTS model via SIMULINK for various component parameters
- Extension of model with first components of power conversion system and model optimization
MATLAB/SIMULINK program would be used for extension of dynamic model to study the dynamic behaviour of energy transfer and power conversion system of DEMO fusion power plant
- Bachelor / Master thesis: possibility to write in English or German
- Interest in field of energy technology
- Good knowledge in MATLAB/SIMULINK are advantageous
- Independent, motivated and structured work
Institute for Neutron Physics and Reactor Technology (INR)
as soon as possible
up to 6 months
Maria Bologa (M.Sc.)
Institute for Neutron Physics and Reactor Technology
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Campus-North
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number INR 01-18.
Personnel support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25184,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
If qualified, handicapped applicants (m/f/d) will be preferred.