Vacancy No. 154/2019
Chemical/ process engineer (m/w/d)
The group “Fast Pyrolysis of Biomass” focusses on optimization and advancement of the fast pyrolysis process within the bioliq® concept to valorize agricultural waste in a future anthropogenic carbon cycle. Lab tests (up to a scale of 10 kg/h feed capacity) in combination with different modeling approaches serve for the improvement of critical components such as the pyrolysis reactor and the product recovery.
You are going to investigate the fractionated condensation system with the aim to optimize the quality of the low temperature, aqueous condensate for downstream microbial conversion. An existing model to describe phase equilibria of pyrolysis condensates is to be extended and used to predict optimized conditions. All findings have to be validated in suitable experimental setups including the technical lab scale plant. The practical aspects include:
- Planning, conduction, and evaluation of pyrolysis experiments in the technical lab scale plant.
- Extension of an existing model to predict phase equilibria of pyrolysis condensates to cover decisive aspects of downstream microbial conversion.
- Planning, setup, conduction, and evaluation of suitable experiments to validate above model.
- Investigation of alternatives to the existing condensation system, e.g. downstream removal of potential contaminants by extraction and effects of single stage condensation.
- Align this work with other partners in Germany and report results within the project ‘ValProWa’.
You hold a master’s degree in chemical/ process engineering or in another area related to the scope of the work (such as e.g. chemistry or physics). Experience and knowledge in modelling phase equilibria is required. Basic knowledge and experience in phase equilibria measurements and biomass conversion technologies is desired. Besides the professional qualification, strong commitment, independent, and self-responsible working including fluent verbal and written English skills are expected.
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Institute of Catalysis Research und Technology (IKFT)
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Funke, phone 0721 608-22391.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 154/2019 .
Personnel Support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-25004,
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1, 76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen, Germany
We prefer to balance the number of employees (m/f/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
If qualified, severely disabled persons will be preferred.