Vacancy No. IMT 09-17
Master Thesis: Designing gradient micro-coils for electromagnetic control of polishing process in micro-channel performed by abrasive magnetic nano-particles
In the framework of the Master Thesis, the student will be involved in the study and simulation of a mechanical interaction between magnetic nano-particles and designed gradient micro-coils in order to perform and localize the controlled polishing process.
Main objectives are:
- Designing, modelling and simulation of magnetic gradient generated by micro-coils (considering geometry and shape effect of the coils);
- Study and simulation of the electro-mechanical interactions between the local magnetic gradient and magnetic nano-particles;
- Demonstrate a suitable micro-coil design able to perform a localized polishing process.
Further information on the Institute of Microstructure Technology (IMT): http://www.imt.kit.edu/english/index.php
An ideal candidate should demonstrate the following knowledge and skills:
- background in electro-magnetic systems;
- experiences in using FEM tools – COMSOL, ANSYS etc;
- to be familiar with computer-aided systems (CAD) –SolidWorks.
Field of study: Mechanical engineering, physics
Institute of Microstructure Technology (IMT)
as soon as possible
limited to 3-6 months.
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Dr. Kirill Poletkin, IMT, phone: +49 721 608-29305 (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please apply by clicking on "Apply" below.
If qualified, handicapped applicants will be preferred.