Vacancy No. 1000/2021
Post-doctoral Academic Assistant (f/m/d)
Research at the Institute of Industrial Information Technology (IIIT) focuses, among other things, on measurement technology (e.g., with imaging methods), signal and image processing, hyperspectral imaging, multisensory/distributed measurement systems, and information fusion using classical methods and machine learning methods, as well as their applications in industrial quality assurance, environment perception, and human-machine interaction.
Within the scope of the advertised position, methods of artificial intelligence for 3D spectral pointclouds classification are to be researched. The research work is carried out in close cooperation with the Helmholtz-Zentrum Dresden-Rossendorf, Helmholtz-Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology (HZDR-HIF, Research Field Energy), Department of Exploration.
- Development of direct 3D-to-3D data registration, fusion and classification algorithms
- Design and optimization of respective code packages
- Validation first on prepared benchmark data, later on independent case studies as proof-of-concept
- Linking the research at both hosting institutions, including repeated visits at both institutes
At IIIT, you can expect an interdisciplinary research environment at the interface between electrical and information engineering, mechatronics, computer science and mechanical engineering, which offers you many scientific freedoms.
- As the PD will spend 14 months at HZDR-HIF and KIT-IIIT, respectively, a parallel application at HZDR-HIF is required
- Degree: PhD in Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence or related field
- Thorough experience with deep learning-based classification, data fusion, and point-cloud processing including respective coding skills
- Experience in at least two of the following fields: 3D-CNNs, point-nets, spectral image, radar and Lidar processing
- Experience within the application fields of geology/resources/remote sensing and/or autonomous systems/automotive sensors are highly beneficial
Salary category 13, depending on the fulfillment of professional and personal requirements.
Institute of Industrial Information Technology (IIIT)
for a limited period of 28 months
Application up to
Contact person in line-management
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr.-Ing. M. Heizmann, E-Mail: email@example.com.
Please apply online using the button below for this vacancy number 1000/2021 .
Personnel Support is provided by
phone: +49 721 608-42016,
Kaiserstr. 12, 76131 Karlsruhe
We prefer to balance the number of employees (f/m/d). Therefore we kindly ask female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified.